Re: ODBC for Oracle doesn't work in WindowsME

From: MikeG in Philly <philapa_at_nospam.hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 11:52:04 GMT

I'm using Personal Oracle for Windows95, v7. Have been downloading a newer version 'personal for win98' all night, and hope this will work. I had DL'ed a 320 meg file in the recent past but after zip opens the main file, click the setup file, but it just sits there with an hourglass. So I'm trying this. I have a brand new version of WindowsME on the machine right now, and if this new file will not work either, then I will format and install Windows 2000 which is sitting here also. Will try anything, and time isn't a consideration - I have no life anyway! Just kidding...MikeG in Philly

<jocave_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message news:8rb4b8$g66$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> In article <zp2C5.2477$np1.307016_at_newshog.newsread.com>,
> "MikeG in Philly" <philapa_at_nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Folks: I have just installed WindowsME and cannot get the ODBC
 connection
> > to work. I have installed the tables properly in Oracle v7 and have
 Visual
> > Basic Professional v6 working, and have created a connection under
 ODBC for
> > Oracle. This whole setup has worked fine under Win98SE, but not now.
 I am