Re: Performance estimation

From: frank <fbortel_at_home.nl>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 19:56:17 GMT

Well Brian, as much as I appreciate your comments, I have to disagree here: Oracle itself has - in co-operation with HP, Compaq and Dell (I think it was Dell)
create a program called database sizer.
It works kind of the other way around - you tell the load, and the program will
estimate the h/w (by HP, Compaq - you get the general idea!) needed to archive

that.

Go to any of these sites, and search for dbsizer, or Database Sizing.

Oh one more thing: whilst playing for an applications setup, I wanted response time to be cut in half - surprise: I needed about three times as many disks, nothing else I can remember