Re: [re-post] import problem

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 15:56:54 GMT

Not exactly. The original post hast if importing would overwrite EXISTING stored procedures & triggers. If the procedure or trigger already exists, then it will not be overwritten on import. An error will be raised instead. You'll have to drop the existing procedures & triggers before importing.

HTH,Brian

Andy Hardy wrote:

> Yes, imp will import the entire schema including the stored procedures. If
> you *only* want the procedures, you will need to stop the data from loading
> by using the 'ROWS=N' argument.
>
> Andy
>
> --
> Opinions are mine and may not reflect those of BG Technology Ltd
> ilkaos <ilkaos_at_trae.ka> wrote in message
> > (I put this post again hoping someone can help me).
> >
> > Is possible , with imp73 , to import the stored procedure ( and triggers
> > too)overwriting the existing ones?
> > thanks and bye.

Brian Peasland
Raytheons Systems at