Re: sqlldr date data

From: <_at_home>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 21:42:30 GMT

Luke,

Interesting, I would expect the server to complain about the number of parameters passed in the to_date function which is defined as to_date(string, 'format_specifier'). The exception is if the string is in the default fomat which, unless you've changed it for your installation, is DD-MON-YY. I've loaded dates in the past with this format ...

TIMESTAMP DATE "RR-MM-DD HH:MI:SS",

But I must say that I've usually used the 4-digit year format. Also,maybe you mistyped the line from your code, but you seemed to use MM as the format specifier instead of MI for minutes.

Rich