OCI and JavaVM and thread library ..

From: Paul Lenson <lenson_at_pcigeomatics.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 23:53:46 GMT

I have a shared object ( on Solaris 2.7) that calls into libclntsh.so and has calls that initial a Java VM and as dependencies on libjava.so. If I link libclntsh.so (which pulls in libjava.so) to my shared object, and then run my application, I get an error about the version of Java I'm using needing a patch. I found that I need to link in the thread library to my application because of the native thread support required because the OCI calls in my shared library end up launching a VM.

Now I've read that linking in the thread library into non thread applications can have a performance inpact. I would like only to link this thread library into the shared object that requires it. My application allows for database access amongst many other things it does, so I don't want to take a resource and/or performance hit elsewhere.

Is there someway I can satisfy the thread requirement for my share object without having to link my application with it.

Thanks in advance Received on Sat Sep 30 2000 - 18:53:46 CDT