Re: Oracle slower then SQL Server 6.5 problem

From: Michael D. Long <lead_dog_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 13:59:46 -0400

This is contrary to my experience. When Oracle is properly configured, it will outperform SQL Server on the same hardware (and OS), irrespective of the number or rows in the table.

Run an explain plan on the statements and make sure that indexes are being used as expected. I'll bet you find one or more table scans.

--
Michael D. Long
http://extremedna.homestead.com