.. and for my nomination, I want to thank ...

From: Arthur <mechhunter_at_rocketmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 05:52:16 GMT

Hi everyone,
For those whose been reading the newsgroup, well, you know I been having a HELL of a time trying to configure my oracle so Oracle Development tools can access the database created by Oracle 8i. Well, I am happy to say that - he was born on the 29 Sep, at 11PM and weight in at a... err - WOOPS! wrong one.

Anyway, IT WORKS!!! The darn thing actually work!! Well, reading the docs on technet helps but so does having a gun with NO BULLETS. I have had a LOT of help from people and well, without them, my development tool will still have no database to go home to so.. -

Jerry Sowell - you are the MON of the MAN!! Thank you a million and half - I have to admit some of what you said to do I don't understand at the time but now - DAMN! so obvious.!!!

Sanrenkur - Thank you for introducing me to the hellish world of Oracle listener - and thank you for the offer to send me those papers. I didn't take up on it cause you were right, there was enuff on technet to drown a whale - still didn't make much sense to me though. *grin*

BertJan Meinders - Thank you for pointing out the speeding bus to a blind man. Else I would have been searching up and low in the SQL manuel for a LISTENER code. HmM.. CREATE LISTERNER listen heheh!

Frank - Thank you for telling me that I needed to copy those files from the 8i directory to the development directory. Might be me and my reading skill but darn docs didn't cover THAT important bit.!!!

Sybrand - Thank you for pointing out that I also need to copy SQLnet.ora. Darn stoopid file, it's amazing how a little 2kb file can make someone so happy - it WORKS! hahah

Sergie - As if picking your brain to solve SQL code wasn't enuff, I wanted to pick your brain to solve my listener problems as well. hehe! Thank you for offering me your helicopter to put out the fire - coast clear now though and the fire's under control. =o)

CAUSE the order of the name doesn't mean anything but you guys are the best. Thanks mon, when I get my OCP, drinks on me. IF you make it down to AUSTRALIA that is! hehehe (BTW, Oz suppose to have the best beer around)

Arthur Received on Sat Sep 30 2000 - 00:52:16 CDT