Re: HELP - How can Oracle accept the '&' character in a string???

From: Kelly Cox <kmcox_at_alum.mit.edu>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 03:44:38 GMT

You must be using SQL*Plus. The & is not really a special character to Oracle, but it is to SQL*Plus. It is used to "DEFINE" or indicate a local variable. You may not need it at all for what you're doing.

The Big Secret: SET DEFINE OFF

Then run your script. If you do have local variables in the script as well, you'll need to SET DEFINE to another character and use that in the script.

--Kelly Cox