The Upgrade from 8.0.5.0.0 to 8.0.2.6.4

From: Dino Hsu <dino1_at_ms1.hinet.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 18:27:55 +0800

Dear all,

I have just upgraded Oracle EE from 8.0.5.0.0 to 8.0.2.6.4 for Windows NT. I have some questions.
After the upgrade, the instruction says that I have to run the following scripts in $ORA_HOME\RDBMS80\ADMIN directory:

    catalog.sql
    catproc.sql
    catexp.sql
    catoctk.sql
    caths.sql
    catrep.sql (only applicable for sites running Oracle Replication) I did, and there are 234017 lines in the log file. There are some error or warning messages, too, but I think it is probably ok. Can anyone tell me why these scripts are necessary?

By the way, there are 2 word files updated: README.DOC & READMEMIG.DOC in $ORA_HOME\RDBMS80 directory, do you think it is necessary for me to read them?

Thanks,
Dino Received on Fri Sep 29 2000 - 05:27:55 CDT