External Procedures under Oracle 8i Release 1

From: Walter T Rejuney <BlueSax_at_Unforgetable.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 15:28:52 -0400

After wading through a virtual sea of information on the Oracle support site I have a couple questions on external procedures:

  1. Is it necessary/desireable to have a separate listener just for external procedures?
  2. Is the value for "KEY=" arbirtary as long as it exactly matches between the tnsnames.ora and the listener.ora entries?
  3. I have seen a tnsnames.ora definition which includes the setting "(PRESENTATION = R0)" - What does this mean? Is it necessary?