Re: when table is dropped, index is not dropping also ????

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 16:27:06 +0100

You don't say which version of Oracle you are using.

dbms_sql execute DDL at the parse call. I would be inclined to suspect that you are getting this error because the create statement is being executed twice, possibly on the parse and on the execute (which would be a bug in dbms_sql).

Try putting an exception clause around the parse and around the execute and seeing where the trap occurs.

--

Jonathan Lewis