Problems setting up a second oracle (8.1.5) instance on solaris 2.7

From: Michael Maretzke <michael.maretzke_at_conrad.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 09:56:29 +0200

Hello, Oraclians !

I've got problems setting up a second instance running on the same SUN Solaris system.
I stopped the database, created the needed directories
( /export/data2/oradata/imed for datafiles and /usr/local/oracle/admin/* for
configurationfiles, etc).
I edited the initIMED.ora file looking to have a different database-name for the new instance as
the first one is. I set the parameters in initIMED.ora (almost everywhere the defaults).
After this step I started SQL-Plus as described in the HTML-Admin-documentation (sqlplus /nolog). I connected as sysdba and started an instance (startup nomount pfile="..../initIMED.ora").
After these steps succeeded I tried to create the database with "CREATE DATABASE IMED;".
The system worked for a while but finally it stopped with a error message "The passwordfile
/usr/local/oracle/product/8.1.5/dbs/orapwORCL is not valid or not correct"
(this is not the original

message ...).
My goal is to have TWO different password-files for every instance one which is accessed "EXCLUSIVE"
(parameter REMOTE_LOGIN_ PASSWORDFILE).

But where could I set the password files to use in the different instances ? In the documentation is so much information which is almost unsearchable ...

Anyone out there who can / want help me ?

Thanx a lot
Michael. Received on Thu Sep 28 2000 - 02:56:29 CDT