Re: NT4.0 + IIS + WebDb

From: frank <fbortel_at_home.nl>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 19:30:45 GMT

Some thoughts, inline:

Alessandro Nazzani wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I'm a newbie trying to setup our WebServer. This is the scenario:
>
> a) NT is 4.0 SP6;

Upgrade to 6a or downgrade to 5 (even 128 bit)

> b) IIS works fine with several sites running (we use IIS host headers
> to setup multiple web sites all using the same IP address and port 80);
> c) Oracle is 8.1.6 Enterprise Edition;

and... versions/patches come in 5 digits, you only state the major 3.

> d) WebDb is 2.2.0.0.5

Why have an additional listener?

> .
>
> Problems:
>
> 1) DBAStudio: I launch it and everything seems ok. I exit and try to
> launch it again and all I get is a grey box in the middle of the
> screen. Stopping the jrew process and restarting DBAS doesn't help: I
> must restart NT to access DBAS again.
>
> 2) WebDB config: I followed the instructions as of doc #73120.1 "How To
> Setup The IIS 2.0, IIS 3.0, Or IIS 4.0 Listener With WebDB", but:
>
> 2a) in Control Panel -> System -> Environment tab WV_GATEWAY_CFG is
> defined: should it be WWV_GATEWAY_CFG?

Dunno really - what if you change it to wwv_gateway_cfg?

Not quite; it's the connect string that's used; WebDB wants a listener to be activated. See WebDB installation notes; I think it's on http://<myserver>.<mydomain>:85/webdb/admin_

> 2c) where should I define the two virtual directories (for wdbcgi.exe
> and images)? The above mentioned article states "on the Default Web
> Site", but here this is not running. Does it mean that if I want to
> serve 2 sites with WebDb I have to define twice those Virtual Dirs? Or
> does it mean that WebDb can't be used in conjunction with IIS host
> headers?

Can't help you here - is this in WebDB config?