NT4.0 + IIS + WebDb

From: Alessandro Nazzani <alexnsb_at_tin.it>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 13:39:51 GMT

Dear all,

I'm a newbie trying to setup our WebServer. This is the scenario:

  1. NT is 4.0 SP6;
  2. IIS works fine with several sites running (we use IIS host headers to setup multiple web sites all using the same IP address and port 80);
  3. Oracle is 8.1.6 Enterprise Edition;
  4. WebDb is 2.2.0.0.5.

Problems:

  1. DBAStudio: I launch it and everything seems ok. I exit and try to launch it again and all I get is a grey box in the middle of the screen. Stopping the jrew process and restarting DBAS doesn't help: I must restart NT to access DBAS again.
  2. WebDB config: I followed the instructions as of doc #73120.1 "How To Setup The IIS 2.0, IIS 3.0, Or IIS 4.0 Listener With WebDB", but:

2a) in Control Panel -> System -> Environment tab WV_GATEWAY_CFG is defined: should it be WWV_GATEWAY_CFG?

2b) WebDb listener was configured on port 80, conflicting with IIS (after reboot, IIS sites were no longer started). So, in Control Panel -
> Oracle WebDb Listener I changed it to port 85. Now, when I try to
reach http://<myserver>.<mydomain>:85/webdb/webdb.home I get the logon screen, enter webdb/webdb and receive the following error:

Database Log In Failed

TNS is unable to connect to destination. Invalid TNS address supplied or destination is not listening. This error can also occur because of underlying network transport problems.

Verify that the TNS name in the connectstring entry of the DAD for this URL is valid and the database listener is running.

I suspect this has to do with the WebDB username and password in the WebDB DAD section but I don't know how to change it.

2c) where should I define the two virtual directories (for wdbcgi.exe and images)? The above mentioned article states "on the Default Web Site", but here this is not running. Does it mean that if I want to serve 2 sites with WebDb I have to define twice those Virtual Dirs? Or does it mean that WebDb can't be used in conjunction with IIS host headers?

My apologies for this long post and thanks in advance for your help.

Regards.

Alex.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Sep 27 2000 - 08:39:51 CDT