Re: TRYING TO CONNECT

From: frank <fbortel_at_home.nl>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 19:19:41 GMT

What version Developer exactly???
Dev/2000 is uses V7 RSF's (Required Support Files), and therefor searches in oracle_home\network\admin. Your 8i however uses oracle8i_home\network\admin. Did you need a listener and/or a connect string when learning PL/SQL? If so, copy tnsnames.ora from o8i to o_home (mind the syntax differences!)

As usual: state the versions, to the 5th decimal, and the exact error codes.