Parallel DDL

From: <sergey_s_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 21:11:04 GMT

Are CREATE TABLE AS and CREATE INDEX the only two DDL statements that can be parallelized?

I was wondering if it's possible to run the ANALYZE command in parallel too or if there is any way to speed it up.

I have 8.0.6 on SunOS 5.7 with 8 CPUs and a bunch of RAID 5s.

Thank you!
Sergey

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Sep 27 2000 - 16:11:04 CDT