Re: Copying Database to new SID

From: Billy Collins <billy_collins_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 02:37:50 GMT

Hi,

I am getting the same error ORA-01503, and I am not even using controlfile scripts! I am just installing Oracle on a fresh Windows 2000 server machine, and after installing all the (Java-laden) stuff, the installation suddenly breaks everytime with "Control file error" and then the database cannot be created!

I am trying this with the Oracle 8.1.5!! IS there something I need to do for windows 2000 compatibility??

Please let me know at your earliest..this is very urgent! Thanks very much in advance, much appreciated!

Good day,

Billy

In article <39c27922$1_at_news.iprimus.com.au>,   "Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr_at_www.com> wrote:
> There's a db_name parameter in your init.ora. You forgot to edit it
> match the new database name in your 'create controlfile' script.
>
> That makes me worry you may have forgot some other things -like the
> background_dump_dest, the archive log destination directory and so on.
>
> But the proximate cause of the error is the db_name parameter.
>
> Regards
> HJR
Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Sep 27 2000 - 21:37:50 CDT