webdb issues

From: <lvcampbell_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 23:40:08 GMT

I recently installed webdb2.2 on a solaris 2.6 sparc ultraII box. I get tns resolution errors whenever I attempt to get to the http://server:port/webdb/webdb.home page.

There was already an Oracle client (8.0.4) installed on the box with oracle_base set to /oracle1 and oracle_home set to $oracle_base/products/8.0.4/

I altered the variables to point to a new oracle base and home (/u01 and
/u01/oracle respectively), added the tns_admin variable that points to
/u01/oracle/network/admin and added wv_gateway_cfg as
/u01/oracle/listener/cfg/wdbsvr.app

I installed webdb connecting to a remote 8i box without any problems on the listener or packages install. I then modified the tnsnames.ora file to reflect the remote database.

I can do a netstat -a | grep <port> and see that the listener is active, I can sql plus to the remote database without any problems and I can use the web interface to get to the listener and gateway admin html pages. I cannot, however, pull any static images from the images virtual directory (404 error) and whenever I try to get to the webdb default home page I get the error: tns cannot resolve service name. I know the service name resolves because it allows remote sql plus connections.

The only thing I can think of is the multiple oracle home problems. I verified that the tnsnames file in both homes reflected the correct service stringbut that did not help.

Any help would be appreciated

Laine

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Sep 26 2000 - 18:40:08 CDT