select for update skip locked

From: <rokamoka_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 04:45:17 GMT

I've read on two different websites that tout a new feature of 8i that allows a select for update cursor to skip over locked rows and lock and read a free one. This would be very valuable to me but I can't seem to get it to work. There is no mention of it from Oracle.

Was I fooled? Are these sites wrong? Does anybody have any experience with this new syntax?

Thanks in advance,
-dg

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Sep 26 2000 - 23:45:17 CDT