Re: Newbie Table question

From: <sybrandb_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 10:27:43 GMT

In article <39D0086F.21BB2589_at_apk.net>,
  Brian & Stacey Bagley <bsbagley_at_apk.net> wrote:
> Everyone,
>
> As a newcomer to the ORACLE arena, I am trying to see the definitions
 of
> a table. Not just the basic definitions provided with DESC but what
 the
> keys are and the key order. I am assuming that it is a catalog view,
> but I can not find any information on this. Any help would be
> appreciated.
>
> TIA
> Brian

you can find descriptions of all data dictionary views by issuing select * from dict;

In your case you'll need
user_indexes
and
user_ind_columns

constraints (as that will be your next question) user_constraints and user_cons_columns
the abbreviations in constraint_type are 'C' for Check, 'U' for Unique ,'P' for primary key and 'R' for foreign key.

Hth,

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

All standard disclaimers apply