Oracle 8/ ASP / User Authentication

From: <agentuser_at_somewhere.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 16:39:47 -0400

Developing a web application using ASP and working with Oracle 8 as my database server. I have established connectivity to the database, however, now I am trying to authenticate users via username/password, as it is stored in the system database (whatever that is called). Is there a way to test for authentication?

The only other alternative I can think of is to also create a USERS table in the database, query the database via a generic login to see if the user exists, however, I would prefer just to use the Oracle database users. Is that possible?

Jason Gabinet Received on Mon Sep 25 2000 - 15:39:47 CDT