Synonym Problem

From: intX <intx_at_mad.scientist.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 17:18:45 -0500

I have run into a problem I don't understand.

I have installed Oracle 8i Lite on a Win2000 machine. The install puts in a Polite demo database.

I created a new user.
I grant all on table system.emp to the new user. The new user is able to see the system.emp table. System account runs this statement: create public synonym emp for system.emp The statement works fine and I commit that as well. When new user tries to do a 'select * from emp, I get an access violation message (POL-5150) access violation.
I tried granting all on system.emp to public and I still get the access violation issue.

Any reasons why?

I appreciate any help.

Thank you for your time. Received on Mon Sep 25 2000 - 17:18:45 CDT