How to delete database?

From: Kevin O'Neill <KONEILL_at_WI.RR.COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 00:21:51 GMT

I'm looking to delete a database that was completely trashed. There wasn't any particular data in it yet, but I'd like to use the same global database name and SID.

Unfortunately, dbassist has the delete database option greyed out. (What that means someone can tell me - not a good sign as far as I'm concerned)

The Oracle documentation says, "To drop a database, remove its datafiles, redo log files, and all other associated files (control files, parameter files, archived log files). "

I recorded the filenames from V$LOGFILE and V$DATAFILE and deleted those files.
Data files, redo log files, control files are gone, there didn't appear to be any archive log files and I'm not sure what parameter files exist(ed).

I can no longer startup the database, but dbassist tells me that my SID is already(still) in use.

Thanks for any pointers in the right direction.

Kevin O'Neill
kto9_at_usa.net Received on Sun Sep 24 2000 - 19:21:51 CDT