Re: FRM-99999

From: John Alexander <jalexander_at_summitsoftwaredesign.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 01:44:28 GMT

If you have a choice, consider upgrading to Forms 6i instead of 6.0. 6i cleaned up some GUI bugs that exist in 6.0.

Yes, you will still need JInitiator, preferable the latest version. I experienced some problems when using an earlier version with 6i that disappeared once I donwloaded 1.X.X.27. Any PC's that already have it installed will need to un-install it and re-install. The JInitiator install process did not automatically upgrade existing versions.

As far as the ORACLE_HOME, my experience has been using a separate box for database and forms server. Since the forms server can be resource intensive, you may want to consider putting it on a separate box from the database.

As far as the FRM-99999, its the Forms Server catch-all error number. The only way I have been able to solve them is searching for solutions on MetaLink.

Regards,
John Alexander
www.SummitSoftwareDesign.com