Building OCI programs

From: <fgw_three_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2000/09/21

Hello all,

I'm pretty new to Oracle programming, but not to programming in general. We're using OCI on a project here, and while the documentation is pretty good about *writing* Oracle OCI programs, there's damned little on how to *build* Oracle OCI progams.

Yep, they give you a makefile in the rdbms/demo directory, which is the hugest, most convoluted makefile I've ever seen. It pulls in every library known to man (and probably a few that aren't) and does not work "out of the box."

By trial and error I modified it pretty heavily, and got to work.

What I'm wondering is if any of you out there have found any kind of documentation resources (Oracle "corporate" or otherwise) that can ease this OCI build process.

Thanks,

Frank Way
Senior Development Engineer
Atlantic Computing & Technology Corp.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Sep 21 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT