Re: converting from oracle to microsoft sql server

From: Jonny Gibson <nisoftmc_at_nospam-singnet.com.sg>
Date: 2000/09/21

I've just done it.

We had a system running well on oracle - then some clients decided they wanted SQL SERVER..... if it wasn't for these damm clients.

the best source of knowledge is on the MS website - its a massive document called 'Migrating Oracle database to SQL Server' ... just do a search - that'll get you started.

I'd no stored procedures or anything like that. I had triggers - which cause a problem (the syntax is different) .. but that's all explained in the document.

shoot me if you want - but I know prefer MSSQL - it certainly easier to administer

regards

jg

--

Jonny Gibson