Re: Oracle 8i Startup?

From: Frank <frankbo_at_interaccess.nl>
Date: 2000/09/21

Actually, you do.
When you create the service (using oradim), there's an option to have not only the service, but also the database start automatically. If chosen, an extra service called OracleStart[SID] is created. Starting that service
should start the service, and mount and open the database. Set it to Automatic and
your db should be up and running whenever NT decides to boot.

Otherwise, you would have to get up and do this manually, every time NT boots up,
and you wouldn't like that - would you? You're an *Oracle* DBA!

--
Frank
Van Messner <vmessner_at_bestweb.net> schreef in berichtnieuws