Re: Oracle 8.1.6 on Linux start

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/09/21

"Steve Fox" <stevefox_at_pressenter.com> wrote in message news:39C98B92.B554E547_at_pressenter.com...
> Ok, I've run Oracle on NT ... I've installed Oracle EE 8.1.6 on SuSE 7
> and can't start anything. Would someone please tell me the commands to
> fire up the Enterprise Manager, Pl/SQL, etc.?
>
> Thanks.

Sorry to say so but your post proofs several things:

- you *can* read
- most likely you didn't do *anything* to resolve your problem yourself
- especially you didn't read the getting started manual, which comes with
every Oracle installation.
I'm almost sure Oracle include doc sets with their downloads, and if you don't have the docs, or didn't install them, you can always read them or even download them at http://technet.oracle.com . So please stop being lazy and bugging this newsgroup and

RTFM Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Thu Sep 21 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT