Re: Newbie on Oracle 8i: can't execute a query.

From: Alan <alanshein_at_spambuster.erols.com>
Date: 2000/09/20

There could be several problems, but this is the most likely: ODBC is case-sensitive, so if the names were migrated in lowercase, you need to do:

SELECT * FROM "mytable";

The names appear in uppercase if you select them from the data dictionary, so it's kind of confusing. names migrated in uppercase, even through ODBC will work "normally".