Unix server date change

From: <wbuchan_at_uk.noha-systems.com>
Date: 2000/09/20

Hi,

I need to change the database date on a 8.0.6 database running on Solaris. This is to test some date related functionality.

Is there any way to confine the date change to the database (i.e. for queries on SYSDATE) or do I need to change the server date (this could effect other things on the server not being tested)?

If I do need to change the server date are there any implications for Oracle (eg. "randomly" moving the date back and forward by a few months)? Is there any need to shutdown the instance while doing this or can I do it on the fly?

Thanks for any help,

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Sep 20 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT