Re: Newbie Oracle Question

From: <gmei_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/09/20

What is your platform?

Designer 2000 itself is a oracle database instance. So after you installed Designer 2000 (assuming successfully), you would have two oracle instances running on the same box, one for your Oracle 8i database, another Designer 2000.

Hope this helps.

Guang

In article <8qacu3$gsh$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   paulw933_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> I am trying to install Oracle Designer 2000. I have Oracle 8i
> installed on the same box. I can log into the database with no
 problem.
> However if I try to run designer and log into the database I get the
> following error:
>
> ORA 12154: Message not found
>
> Clearly there is something basic that I am doing wrong. Thanks for
 any
> help you can give.
>
> Paul
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Sep 20 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT