Re: Weird, can someone explain as to why this happened ?

From: Walter T Rejuney <BlueSax_at_Unforgetable.com>
Date: 2000/09/20

Sybrand Bakker wrote:

> select "Employee" from emp_vu.
> 'Special' characters including lowercase should be enclosed in ". Evidently,
> you shouldn't use mixed case as it is a *real* nuisance to have to do this.
>
> Hth,
>
> Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA
>
> > I got fed up and recreate the view and this time, it worked.
> > Why would the error occur in the first place ? I had everything
> > correct, or so I hope - can someone shed some light into
> > this please ?? So next time it happens, I will know why.
> >
> > Arthur

Would you believe that some places do this on purpose with the hope of frustrating unknowledgable users? I actually ran into an instance where someone claimed that this provided "security". When I showed them I could overcome this obstacle in about two seconds they were baffled at how a mere DBA could understand such things. Received on Wed Sep 20 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT