What is the precise syntax to call stored procedure?

From: Jacob Nikom <jnikom_at_angstrommicro.com>
Date: 2000/09/20

Hi,

I am trying to figure out the precise syntax to call stored procedure suing Java and
Oracle database. I was able to create the store procedure using the following snippet
and verified it with SQLplus tool:

    String createProcedure = "CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE PROC1 "+

"AS " +
"BEGIN " +
"INSERT INTO URDB_TEST VALUES " +
"( " +
"'stored str'," +
"111," +
"11111," +
"111111," +
"4.12," +
"3.62," +
"1 " +
"); end";
createStatement (); executeUpdate (createProcedure); closeStatement (); To call the stored procedure I used the syntax from Sun's tutorial: prepareCall ("{ CALL PROC1 }"); execute(); and it always produced error message: SQLException: ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
PLS-00905: object RMA.PROC1 is invalid
ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
PL/SQL: Statement ignored

SQLState: 65000
SQLVendorError: 6550

I could not find any specific example how to call the stored procedure for Oracle database and Java. I know that Oracle is different, but how?

I would appreciate any help,

Jacob Nikom Received on Wed Sep 20 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT