JRE error on Linux install

From: Steve Fox <stevefox_at_pressenter.com>
Date: 2000/09/20

Hi,

When I run the INSTALL.sh or runInstaller for Oracle 8.1.5, I get

Initializing Java Virtual Machine from /usr/local/jre/bin/jre. Please wait ...
Error in CreateOUIProcess(): -1
Bad address

JRE is installed and located where it needs to be. My environment variables are set.

Could it be a problem with the JRE I've got installed? I have v. 1.1.8, which came from the javarunt rpm I downloaded from SuSE - their directions say to install it...

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Steve Received on Wed Sep 20 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT