Embedded FORTRAN

From: <pasmith_at_ppg.com>
Date: 2000/09/20

We currently are running some embedded FORTRAN routines on an DEC alpha 2100 running VMS 7.1 and ORACLE 7.3.4. We want to put the database on a NT server and continue to use the alpha as the front end to access the data. Our SQLPLUS and FORMS4.5 routines will connect to the database on the NT server and appear to performe properly. I am having problems making the embedded routines connect to the NT server. I have an "EXEC SQL DECLARE TPD DATABASE" statement where 'TPD' is the name of my SID or instance. I also have an "EXEC SQL CONNECT :USR IDENTIFIED BY :PWD AT TPD USING :DB_NAME" where USR is a character string set to my user id, PWD is a character string set to my password, and DB_NAME is a character string set equal to my "<sid>.node_name".

I will appreciate any suggestions on how to make this work.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Sep 20 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT