Can someone help me with a basic backup question? Please!!!

From: <arizdback_at_home.com>
Date: 2000/09/20

I am running personnel Oracle on my home computer and trying to do a backup in both open and closed enviroment. I'm doing this for educational purposes. I want to write a .bat file to do do both types. My first question is, once I select my tables and files to backup with select V$ is there an easy way to take those returned files and have my backup script just take the files and back them up? I'm very new to this so i hope this makes sense. I just wonder if it can all be tied together in the same script. My second question is, is there anywhere on the web that has generic batch files of backup scripts that can kind of be used as a template for these? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. I have spent 2 days on this now and it gets quite frustrating. Received on Wed Sep 20 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT