Re: Creaste a view based on v_$session

From: Brian Tkatch <SPAMBLOCK.Maxwell_Smart_at_ThePentagon.com.SPAMBLOCK>
Date: 2000/09/20

On Wed, 20 Sep 2000 04:44:21 GMT, Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov> wrote:

>All V$ views are owned by SYS. But you can't grant SELECT privileges on
>a V$ view to an individual user. Instead, you have to sign on as SYS and
>grant SELECT on the V_$ view. That's what Sybrand meant by *direct*
>priv. What I would suggest doing is granting SELECT on the V_$ to the
>user, but in the SQL statement, use V$ instead.
>
>HTH,
>Brian

1) Why could I select it directly but not from a view that uses that same exact select statement? In the end the same user (me) runs both, so why should privileges be digfferent?

2) I am afraid I do not understand. What is the difference betwen V_$ and V$?

Brian Received on Wed Sep 20 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT