Re: Help : Converting Dates to Chars

From: <mhr_at_NOSPAMramboll-it.dk>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 09:30:38 +0200

Hi,

You can set NLS_DATE_FORMAT in the init.ora file to set a default date format for the entire instance. Pls. refer to the Server manuals for details.

I think some client application like Forms allows you to set the parameter for a given client too.

But all in all I think you should be careful when mixing different date formats across one application. Typically this can cause (or reveal!) problems in the date handling of your database and application(s).