Re: count for a newbie

From: Bryant Baecht <b_b_a_e_c_h_t_at_sun_flower.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 18:30:54 GMT

Here is an updated sql statement and the output:

 select segment_name,count(*) from sys.dba_segments where owner='F_SW' group  by segment_name

SEGMENT_NAME

-
  COUNT(*)

DA_ARCHIVEDATE
         1

DA_DELETEDATE
         1

DA_DOCNUMBER
         1

DC_DOCCLASSNAME
         1

DC_DOCCLASSNUMBER
         1

DI_DOCCLASSNUMBER
         1

DOCTABA
page^Cq

         1

8 rows selected.

Instead of the count always being equal to one ( because each table has only 1 entry in sys.dba_segments ), I want it to equal the number of entries in each respective table. Hopefully this is more descriptive. TIA

Bryant