Oracle Portal (WebDB) Question, Help!

From: <dejatype_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 16:14:36 GMT

I have a few questions about the position of Oracle Portal (WebDB) in the overall picture of website development tools. I am familiar with the tools and technologies like MS IIS, MS FrontPage, CGI, Active/Java server pages, MS Visual InterDev, etc etc. Where does Oracle Portal fit into all this?

1. Does it become the primary web site development tool?
2. Can it handle all aspects of web [pages] creation?
3. If not, what are it's short comings?
4. Since it is so tightly integrated with Oracle, does it mean the
developers don't have to worry about Java/Active server pages and/or servelts?

I would very much appreciate your help with this. Thanks and Regards,
Mike.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Sep 18 2000 - 11:14:36 CDT