Oracle Newbie - WEBDB install problems

From: PDT <phil7269_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 02:25:40 GMT

I am running Oracle8i on Win2k sp1. I am trying to install WEBDB. Everytime I try to install WEBDB it comes up with a box that says Enter SYS Password and TNS Name. I enter the sys password (which I change from the default) and leave the TNS Name blank ( i dont know what a TNS Name is). I click ok and it comes up with another message that says Net8 Easy config will now run to setup a TNS name. I then get an error message saying sys password or TNS name is incorrect and it loops right back to the point where I am prompted for the SYS password and TNS name.

What exactly is going on and how do I fix it?

Thanks in advance

--
P. Talavera