prob: Linux via unixODBC to NT Oracle DB

From: Ben Piercey <ben.piercey_at_speechfront.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 20:42:58 GMT

Hi,

I have am trying to connect to an oracle database running on NT via the unixODBC driver manager and easysofts oracle 8.1.5 driver on Redhat linux 6.2. Oh yeah.. it's Oracle version is 8.1.6.

I am able to issue queries and I seem to get responses. The problem is... the only things that come back in the query responses are the schema (column descriptions) and numeric data types.

The tables were created using the VARCHAR data type in many of the columns. Oracle auto-converts these to be VARCHAR2. Is there some other conversion being done by the ODBC driver on the way back? Or is there some other issue related to these data types?

Thx.
Ben. Received on Mon Sep 18 2000 - 15:42:58 CDT