Re: Rman on 2 devices?

From: Alex Filonov <afilonov_at_pro-ns.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 18:08:26 GMT

You need a separate database for rman. It can be either on the same machine as the main one or on the different, your choice. If you keep it on the same machine, you don't have any means to recover on different box if your box went belly up. I'd recommend to use a cheap separate box for rman catalog, like $1k linux machine.

In article <8p5egm$av7$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   woodsyj_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> I was reading one of the messages in this forum about rman, and the
> person mentioned the need to place the separate rman database on a
> different sun box. Is this necessary? Or is making the database on a
> different disk good enough. Sun boxes aren't cheap!
>
> Thanks!
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Sep 18 2000 - 13:08:26 CDT