Can't shutdown database

From: Dalex <dalex_at_owt.com>
Date: 18 Sep 2000 02:36:53 GMT

System:
Win2000
Oracle 8.1.5

I've set up a test installation of Oracle 8.1.5. This was a full installation of the product.

When attempting to shutdown the default database [via the SHUTDOWN command] using the sys or system account I receive an ORA-01031 error (insufficient privileges). However, if I log on as internal, the SHUTDOWN command works.

I was under the impression that dba role was assigned to the sys and system accounts by default, and therefore should be able to invoke the SHUTDOWN command to kill the database.

Just curious what I'm missing here...

Dalex
dalex_at_owt.com Received on Sun Sep 17 2000 - 21:36:53 CDT