DB Link suddenly slow

From: <robertchung0909_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 16:13:31 GMT

We have a database that queries the other via database link. The problem is, a job (that uses database link) that used to finish in half an hour is now taking a couple of hours. I found out that the sessions on both server are equally waiting for "SQL*Net message from dblink" and "SQL*Net message to dblink" most of the time. Network in TCP/IP level is working just fine, returning ping messages in a couple of milliseconds, so I do not understand why both databases have long wait events for DB Links. Is there some way to find out exactly what is going on? Thank you so much in advance.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Sep 16 2000 - 11:13:31 CDT