Re: Copying Database to new SID

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 06:33:17 +1000

There's a db_name parameter in your init.ora. You forgot to edit it to match the new database name in your 'create controlfile' script.

That makes me worry you may have forgot some other things -like the background_dump_dest, the archive log destination directory and so on.

But the proximate cause of the error is the db_name parameter.

Regards
HJR

Opinions expressed are my own, and not those of Oracle Corporation
Oracle DBA Resources:               http://www.geocities.com/howardjr2000