Re: Help please with installation

From: spencer <spencerp_at_swbell.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 22:22:10 -0500

you could try specifying 2: (that's a numeral two followed by a colon) as the Host String. that worked for the local database with PO7. I'm not sure if that will still work or not.

You could try changing the line in TNSNAMES.ORA from

   Host = localhost

   Host = 127.0.0.1

and see if you can get the tcp loopback to work. there may be a sample tcp loopback entry already in the tnsnames.ora.