Re: Excel to Oracle8i

From: spencer <spencerp_at_swbell.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 22:29:30 -0500

i sometimes use Excel to format insert statements. in an empty column, i create a formula something like:

="insert into mytable values ('"&A2&"','"&B2&"',"&C2&");"

if the formula gets to be longer than 255 characters, i will use a combination of formulas to split the generated insert statement into several columns.

i can then copy the column(s) and paste the values into a textpad, remove unneeded tab characters and save the file with a .sql extension. you can then execute the .sql file from sql*plus. don't forget the commit.