Calling shell command from stored procedure

From: <daning_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 19:25:59 GMT

Hi all,

  1. What do you think the best way to call OS shell command from stored procedure?
  2. Since the only way I know is to create an external procedure to call a DLL. You know that setting up calling external procedure is complicated in Oracle. I want our product could be automatically installed. I don’t want the DBA to do some manual work for our products. So I am going to write a small program to set up tnsname.ora and listener.ora. But I get a problem that when in a multiple instance environment; I just could not find the files that the listener uses are located in with Oracle home directory. I searched the registry, but I could not find how the Oracle did the trick.

Thank you in advance.

Daning

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Sep 15 2000 - 14:25:59 CDT