Migrating from Informix

From: dan wright <dw420_at_nospammepleezairmail.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 01:39:44 -0500

Just wanted to get some input from anybody who has worked w/. both Informix & Oracle.

I'm not asking you to tell me how great Oracle is or how it kicks Informix's ass, because I don't believe it, but from a realistic developer viewpoint, how might I need to view things differently?

SQL is SQL as far as it conforms to ANSI statndards and RDBMS concepts will no doubt conform to any software which purports to implement such.

But moving from a largely text-based interface (Informix 4GL) to something most likely accessed by a web browser with some sort of interface to a database (thru ODBC?. something else?) could be quite different. Received on Fri Sep 15 2000 - 01:39:44 CDT